How to Request Transcripts

Students and alumni may request official transcripts of their Virginia Commonwealth University academic record by completing the Transcript Request Form. The form is available in the Student Services Center. There is a transcript fee of $5 per copy.

Students and recent alumni with an eID and eID password can also request an official transcript by logging into eServices. A credit card payment is required to complete your order. Online requests are processed within 2 business days after your request is made. Students and alumni with financial holds will not be able to request a transcript.

Alumni can now request transcripts online by using the National Student Clearinghouse transcript ordering service. An additional service charge of $2.25 will be applied to each order.

Students and alumni can also submit a written request, including required information, signature, and payment (Payments should be mailed with your request as a check or money order. Please do not send cash) to:

Virginia Commonwealth University
Records and Registration
PO Box 842520
Richmond, VA 23284-2520

Official Transcripts

Official transcripts are sent via US Postal Service first class mail, express mail or can be picked up by the requester and are only official if in the sealed and stamped Virginia Commonwealth University envelope. Only 5 transcripts can be requested per day. Allow 2-5 business days for processing.

Requests for expedited delivery are accepted at a charge of $25 per copy and will be sent domestically or internationally via USPS express mail.

The records of individuals who attended Virginia Commonwealth University prior to 1979 may not be computerized and additional time should be allowed for the processing of those records (this may take up to 10 business days).

Unofficial Transcripts

Unofficial transcripts are available to current students and recent alumni via eServices and from the Student Services Center.

Grade Mailers

Students who require paper copies of their grades for reimbursement or other purposes can print them from eServices or request them from our office using the Grade Mailer Request Form.