Records requiring legal name

Your legal name is required on university records listed below. To change your legal name on official university records, visit the Office of the University Registrar or mail a Personal Update Form to our office. You must present official documentation with your new name, such as a driver’s license, passport, Social Security card or court records. 


  • I-20
  • Certificate of admission

Financial Aid

  • Financial Aid Award Letter
  • Satisfactory Academic Progress notice/email
  • Satisfactory Academic Progress contract
  • National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) printout
  • Master Promissory Note
  • Verification Selection notice/email
  • Entrance Counseling notice/email
  • Exit Counseling notice/email
  • Dependency Override document
  • Change of Income document
  • Study Abroad Budget document
  • Parent Plus Loan document
  • Unusual Enrollment History document
  • Summer Financial Aid Application

The Office of the University Registrar

  • Transcript
  • Enrollment verification
  • Degree verification
  • Class schedule
  • Class roster
  • Grade roster
  • Suspension notice/email
  • Change of Domicile notice/email
  • Graduation Application/Degree Audit report
  • Diploma (if it is to be used internationally to verify the degree)

Student Accounting

  • 1098T
  • eStatement
  • Billing invoice
  • Refund check
  • Official receipt
  • Official Student Account audit