Change your personal information

Contact information

If you've recently changed your phone number or moved to a new address, you can update your records through eServices. You can also update your permanent or local address by visiting the Records and Registration office or mailing us a Personal Update Form. This information cannot be taken over the phone or by email.

Legal name

Changes to your legal name can be made in person at Records and Registration or by mailing a Personal Update Form to our office. You must present official documentation with your new name, such as a driver’s license, passport, Social Security card or court records. This information cannot be taken over the phone or by email.

Name of use

At VCU, we recognize that individuals have the right to use names other than their legal name, to identify with the gender they know themselves to be and to utilize the pronouns that best fit them. To update your name of use, gender/gender identity and pronouns, log on to eServices and select the Personal Information tab.